The constitution of the Farnham Institute Charity allows the trustees to distribute the income of the trust for the general benefit of the people of Farnham and the neighbourhood for which provision is not made out of rates, taxes or other public funds.
The trustees meet approximately five times a year to consider applications. Grants are normally awarded for deliverable projects with a strong community flavour managed by competent local organisations. Proposals involving young people and the elderly are encouraged, but funds are not granted for routine running costs or to individuals or national charities.
Recent beneficiaries include:
- St John Ambulance
- Farnham Foodbank
- Farnham Riding for the Disabled Association
- Farnham Carnival
- William Cobbett Society
- The Pilgrims’ Way Primary School
Applications for grants should be sent to the Secretary in the Trust's format.
Download the Grant Application Form. You can print this out and complete it by hand.
Please also provide:
- A detailed projection for your current financial year
- The most recent accounts approved at an AGM
- A list of financial supporters including those already applied to
- An optional covering letter (no more than 2 A4 sides) giving us further information you consider relevant to your application.
Return the completed application form and the above documents to:
The Farnham Institute Charity
76 Firgrove Hill